4750 Big Run South Road | Grove City, Ohio 43123
Phone: (614) 801-3400 | Fax: (614) 801-1833 | Attendance: (614) 801-8864
Mr. James Marion, Principal | Matt Misener, Assistant Principal
SWCA Virtual Passport Ceremony
Dear SWCA Families,
I hope this message finds you doing well and preparing for a break this summer. Seniors, you are almost to the finish line! Juniors, you deserve a restful summer break in the coming weeks.
As we look to wrapping up the 2019-2020 school year, I wanted to provide you with the plans for returning items to the building as well as picking up items. In an effort to limit group contact, SWCA has created a structure for drop-off and pickup of materials.
First, to find the time slot for you to come to SWCA, please review the table attached by clicking HERE.
A few things to remember:
- PLEASE ONLY ARRIVE AT SWCA DURING THE TIME SLOT FOR YOUR GRADE LEVEL AND LAB PROGRAM
- If you miss your time, we will have make-ups for each day’s lab programs ONLY from 4:00 - 6:30pm.
- During these times, please have the materials ready to turn back into SWCA ready to hand out of your car to the staff at your location. They will then give you materials that need to be returned to you.
- Our staff will be wearing gloves and masks to protect themselves.
- Please remain in your car at all times.
Second, please find a map of where you are to drop-off and pick-up your materials by clicking HERE.
A few things to remember:
- Please only enter and exit off HOLT ROAD. Central Crossing is also doing a pickup at these times and their traffic will enter from Big Run South Road.
- Pull up to your location
- Please remain in your car at all times
If you miss your assigned time, MAKE-UP times are as follows:
- The day of your scheduled pick-up time, from 4:00 - 6:30pm, at the main entrance
- Friday, May 29th, from 8:30am - 11:00am, at the main entrance
- Friday, May 29th, from 12:00pm - 2:30pm, at the main entrance
During these drop-off and pick-up times, students will:
- Return all district owned property that has been checked out (textbooks, cameras, English novels, etc.)
- SENIORS: You must return the chromebook/hotspot you checked out throughout this process along with its charger.
- JUNIORS: You may keep your signed out Chromebook for work over the summer. If you are doing so, it will be returned in the Fall when we return to school along with its charger. If you know you are leaving the district over the summer and not returning to South-Western City Schools, please return your Chromebook now.
- Return Wi-Fi hotspot if one has been checked out
- Receive items left in lockers
- Receive items being returned from teachers (academic and lab instructors)
- SENIORS: Receive your completed Passport
We look forward to seeing you the week of May 26th - 29th. Your assistance in ensuring a smooth and safe process for you and our staff is greatly appreciated!
If you have any questions about the drop-off/pick-up process, please reach out to me via e-mail or by calling the main office at 614-801-3400.
Mr. Matthew Misener, Assistant Principal
A Message to the SWCA Class of 2020
SWCA Career Passport Message for the Class of 2020
SWCA Senior Families,
I wanted to take a few moments to share some of our plans for the Career Academy’s year end Passport Ceremony with you. Our students have worked extremely hard over the last two years to earn a variety of industry credentials and college credits. We want to make sure we recognize them for all of their dedication to their chosen career path.
In addition to each student’s home high school’s plans for a drive-thru and virtual graduation ceremonies, the SWCA will be celebrating its senior class through a virtual Passport Ceremony. This virtual ceremony will be broadcast on the SWCA YouTube channel on May 21 starting at 7:00 p.m. This is one of our planned tributes to the Class of 2020 to provide a collective experience without creating a potential health risk. Our virtual Passport Ceremony will be more than a slideshow. It will mirror our traditional passport ceremony format. Music, speakers, special awards, and memories will be shared so that the students have a special memory that speaks to them and the Class of 2020. If your student has not yet completed the google form for the class of 2020, please complete by May 12, 2020 using the following link: https://forms.gle/uQXHBqpzWejTzRX29.
The SWCA will be providing a maroon and gold SWCA tassel to each of our graduates. This is a symbol of the skills and accomplishments you’ve earned over the past two years. We hope that you wear it with pride and know how very proud we are of each and every one of you.
This is obviously not what any of us envisioned for a passport ceremony to recognize and honor the Class of 2020. However, in this time of change and uncertainty, we are doing our best to recognize and respect the Class of 2020 in a responsible manner that does not jeopardize the health and safety of others. Even if you disagree on a personal level, we hope you can appreciate the intent of our collective efforts.
All my best,
The South-Western Career Academy
SWCA YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWYEQKmX12w5dM_6ZjCY_QA
Updated Message to the Class of 2020
Dear Class of 2020,
By now I’m sure you all know that the 2019-2020 school year will be completed through the continuation of remote learning. While we anticipated this guidance from Governor DeWine, it didn’t make it any easier to hear.
We know you are mourning the loss of important milestones associated with being a senior in high school - traditional proms, spring musicals, awards assemblies, and other ‘rite of passage’ events. The disappointment and sadness are emotions we all feel and recognize. Our teachers and staff members are experiencing similar emotions, but during this crisis, we must put health and safety first.
Advanced Placement Courses: Students can make the choice as to whether or not they wish to take AP exams this school year. While we encourage students to take the test, we understand that this may be extremely stressful given the circumstances. Students who choose not to take the exam will receive a credit to their Infinite Campus account. These fees will stay in your account and can be applied to subsequent years’ school fees. Any students or parents wishing to request a refund of their surplus amount may do so by contacting our school account clerk at email@example.com or 614-801-3463.
Prom: We are sorry to inform you that your home school’s prom has been canceled and will not be rescheduled. I know this is an event you have been looking forward to all year. You are probably angry, upset, or disappointed, and all of those feelings are justified. Yet, the simple act of canceling prom may make more of an impact on our lives and community than any prom ever has made. It will keep our family and friends safe and well.
Graduation/Passport: We will be collecting our traditional slideshow information from each graduating senior to create our SWCA Passport Ceremony slide presentation. At this time, we are planning a virtual passport ceremony to be broadcast. If circumstances change to allow group face-to-face activities, we may have the opportunity to plan an additional event at a later date.
Senior Awards: Home Schools will be creating a virtual senior awards program to recognize those seniors who have been selected to receive additional awards and scholarships from outside organizations, the PTAs, and various departments within our school. More information will be coming out on what this will look like.
We encourage all of you to stay connected, even if it’s virtually, and focus on what you can control. Stay in touch with your teachers and finish the school year Career Academy Strong. Take advantage of the many ways to stay socially connected, while physically distanced, with your friends and family through all types of activities like group chats, phone calls, video messaging, virtual dinners, and even watching TV together. It’s important to lean on others and talk through our feelings.
We’re here for you. Stay safe and stay healthy.